10 Reasons for changing your locks
It is advisable to change your locks: Listed below are 10 reasons to change your locks.
1. Locked Out
2. Lost your keys
3. Key snapped in the lock
4. Moving into a new home – then change the locks
5. Relationship break-up
6. Locks unreliable or sticking door
7. Lock snapped or door/window handles broken
8. Locks need Upgrading to British Standard (BS) Kite Marked
Insurance and police approved locks
9. Burglaries in your neighbourhood
10. Suffered a burglary
If you have suffered any of the above, we can help!
Call Ray on: 07551 648658 or 01522 788102.
Home Security Tips
- Consider changing all outside door locks when you move home.
- Front door – should have a BS 3621 mortice lock fitted.
- Side and back doors – ideally fit a 5 lever BS 3621 mortice lock together with top and bottom key operated bolts.
- French windows/patio doors – fit appropriate locks to top and bottom of doors.
- Fit window locks to ground floor and upstairs windows.
- Fit passive infra red lighting to front and rear of house.
- DON’T leave door keys in visible or obvious places such as under the doormat.
- DO lock all your doors and windows when you go out.
- DON’T leave ladders lying around.
- Keep your shed/outbuilding locked. Burglars will use YOUR tools to gain access to YOUR house.
- If you are going out for the evening close your curtains and leave a light on in the lounge & bedroom.
- If you have an intruder alarm, always make sure you activate it before you go out – many insurance companies will refuse to pay out if you are burgled and you did not activate an alarm.
- Don’t leave curtains & blinds drawn during the day – they will attract burglars.
- If you are going on holiday – cancel your milk and paper deliveries.
- Ask a neighbour to remove any post or newspapers left showing in your letterbox.
- Cut your lawn before you go on holiday.